Under contract to the international NAMA facility, RMA developed financial mechanisms for clean energy projects in Latin America and Asia. Several of our financial mechanism proposals include:
- Lease financing for renewable energy projects in the Dominican Republic.
- Construction finance facility for feed-in-tariff projects in the Philippines.
- Equity fund for waste-to-energy projects in Colombia.
- Price stability fund for clean energy projects in Chile.
- Subordinated and concessional loan program for biomass projects in Argentina.
Under contract to the Inter-American Development bank (IDB), RMA developed a revolving fund for commercial bank financing of environmental projects in the Caribbean region. Our first tranche of financing was at $15.2 million.
Under contract to USAID and in collaboration with the Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC), RMA developed a water revolving fund program in the Philippines. This fund has financed more than $75 million of projects.
RMA provided assistance to the UNDP/GEF regarding the design and implementation of financing programs for renewable energy and energy efficiency projects in Croatia, Romania, Central America, Chile, Egypt, India, and Thailand.